There is no lack of temerity in Peter’s preaching. Instead of denying Jesus, he confidently declares him to be both Lord and Christ (the promised Messiah)! The death of Jesus on the cross was no accident; it was God’s loving plan to rescue us.
Read today’s Scripture passage. Say or write it out in your own words, considering the following questions:
· What does it say about God?
· What does it say about us?
· Is there a promise to trust?
· Is there a command to obey?
· How will I apply this Scripture to my life?
· Who will I show that I care by sharing this truth?
Now read this week’s memory verse, Acts 1:8. Spend a few minutes working to memorize it.