Those who listened to Peter in Jerusalem that day—no doubt some who may have cried “Crucify him!”—are cut to the heart and they ask, “What shall we do?” When someone is open to the gospel, we have the privilege to invite them to respond to God’s message of love. How does Peter respond to their inquiry?
Read today’s Scripture passage. Say or write it out in your own words, considering the following questions:
· What does it say about God?
· What does it say about us?
· Is there a promise to trust?
· Is there a command to obey?
· How will I apply this Scripture to my life?
· Who will I show that I care by sharing this truth?
Now read this week’s memory verse, Acts 1:8. Spend a few minutes committing it to memory.