We discover a very different presentation of Peter in this passage. Just over 50 days earlier Peter had denied Jesus three times in one evening. Now he is a changed man. He is preaching about Jesus in the streets of Jerusalem. He gives a challenge to those who are listening that they should call on Jesus, because everyone calls on him will be saved!
Read today’s Scripture passage. Say or write it out in your own words, considering the following questions:
· What does it say about God?
· What does it say about us?
· Is there a promise to trust?
· Is there a command to obey?
· How will I apply this Scripture to my life?
· Who will I show that I care by sharing this truth?
Now read this week’s memory verse, Acts 1:8. Spend a few minutes working to memorize it.