Because We Care – Reaching Your World One Conversation at a Time
DAY 6 OF 6
DISCIPLES – NOT CONVERTS
Discipleship is about continued conversations with interested people, with the teachings of Jesus in mind. We disciple toward conversion, not only after conversion
Who has been one of the most influential people in your life - other than Jesus, or your parents? What made them so influential?
As you read today's verses, consider the thoughts that go with each one.
- Matthew 28:19-20 - Is teaching people what Jesus’ teachings say enough? Why is this understanding important? - How might you teach someone to obey – as compared to only teaching what Jesus says?
- 1 Corinthians 11:1 - What dynamic does this add to how we might disciple others? (How would they ever get to see our example?) Does this verse suggest that they were to follow Paul’s example in everything he did?
- Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23 - Why is it so important we are ready to give interested people our time?
- 2 Timothy 2:2 - Could you agree this is suggesting we are to intentionally disciple obedience to Jesus’ teachings, which produces maturity in others, which brings about the possibility of multiplication?
What was a key point in this video for you?
Why might we disciple interested people instead of just 'converts'? (What is the difference?)
Some key tips:
- Disciple interested people, not just converts
- Be ready to give people your time
- Use a conversational approach rather than a teaching approach
- What should we discuss?
- Show care first
- Then discuss the spiritual questions they are asking
- Then discuss what you have prepared
“...teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you...” (Matt 28:20). The Bible is our resource!
Areas to consider:
1. Loving God (Prayer, the Bible, and the Holy Spirit)
2. Loving one another (the purpose of large groups and small groups)
3. Loving others (a ministry and a mission)
If a friend this week expressed an interest in understanding the Christian faith better, having now seen this video, what might you do and what would you discuss with them?
Remember programs don’t disciple people – it takes people to disciple people! Become one of those people!
- Pray God would lead you to people who are interested to understand the Christian faith (whether seekers or new Christians).
- Pray God would give you wisdom and perspective, to be able to see and embrace these very rare yet precious opportunities!
Be encouraged as you share the gospel!
About this Plan
Outreach is about a lot more than explaining a message. It's about connecting with real people in real every-day life, communicating in a way they can receive and accept. The great commission gives us a clear purpose. "G...
We would like to thank Shining Lights Trust for providing this plan. For more information, please visit: https://alltogether.co.nz/
The Camel in Your Tent - the Enemy’s Subtle Tactic Robbing Our Effectiveness in the Marketplace
Fully Alive - a Life Empowered by the Holy Spirit
Fluent: Part 11
"Hard Questions" in American Sign Language
God's Vast Love: Your Rescue
Is There an Afterlife?
Jesus in All of Genesis in American Sign Language
Tithes and Tithing: Every Verse in the Bible About Tithing