1. Rate your communication today on a scale of 1 -10 with 10 being the best. What steps can you take right now to have better communication with your spouse?
2. Conflict comes when poor communication is present. What are the things that stand in the way of communication with your spouse?
3. Living in a world full of things buying for our attention, how much time do you spend each day communicating with your spouse? Decide as a couple when you can spend more quality time each day together.
4. What does it mean to "fight fair"? Are you comfortable with this concept, or do you tend to feel that any kind of fighting is wrong in marriage?
5. How are you both different? How have your differences shaped and impacted your relationship—for better or for worse?
6. Is forgiveness the same as forgetfulness? Why or why not? Can you forgive and not forget? What does it take for you to move beyond conflicts and get on with life?
7. Have you ever had a conflict that eventually led to deeper intimacy and understanding? If so, how did that work?