In today’s Scripture, Jesus tells a fascinating story to answer a question posed by a lawyer. His question was, “And who is my neighbor?” (v. 29 ESV). After reading the story and the interaction between Jesus and the lawyer, how would you answer the lawyer’s question? Would you have answered it differently before reading today’s passage from Luke? In this time of crisis (COVID-19) how might God call you to show love to your neighbor?
Read today’s Scripture passage. Say or write it out in your own words, considering the following questions:
· What does it say about God?
· What does it say about us?
· Is there a promise to trust?
· Is there a command to obey?
· How will I apply this Scripture to my life?
· Who will I show that I care by sharing this truth?
Now read this week’s memory verse, Romans 15:13. Spend a few minutes working to memorize it.