In Jesus’s instructions to his disciples as they go out to the towns and villages, he tells them if they encounter a “son of peace” (ESV), their peace will rest upon him. What is a “son of peace”? Do you know any persons of peace in your neighborhood? What are we to share with them? What evidence do you see that the kingdom of God has come near, and how would you explain that to the person of peace?
Reread the Scripture passage. You’ve now read it two days in a row. Does anything stand out to you differently than it did yesterday? Consider the ENGAGE questions again. Don’t be afraid of the repetition. We learn more about God each time we read and reread his Word.
· What does it say about God?
· What does it say about us?
· Is there a promise to trust?
· Is there a command to obey?
· How will I apply this Scripture to my life?
· Who will I show that I care by sharing this truth?
Now read this week’s memory verse, Romans 15:13. Spend a few minutes working to memorize it.