There are 20 “Luke 4 Kingdom Challenges” listed here that give you many ways to do God’s kingdom work, as Jesus talked about in Luke 4:18-19. Print or copy all 20 Challenges on a piece of paper and then cut the paper into little strips so there is one Kingdom Challenge on each piece. Put all the pieces into a little box. Take one out once or twice a week to see what you can do to share God’s love with someone else!
1. Make a card for someone who is sad.
2. Eat lunch with someone who needs a friend.
3. Make breakfast for your mom or dad.
4. Bake cookies for a neighbor you don’t know.
5. Play a board game with someone who is lonely.
6. Encourage a friend who is struggling in school.
7. Wash some windows for an elderly neighbor.
8. Make some "Every Day Packs" for the homeless shelter: Get a shoebox-sized plastic box and pack it with a comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, disposable razor, and a small towel.
9. With your family, make a tray of sandwiches and take them to the homeless shelter.
10. Look through your games and puzzles to find some you can take to the thrift store.
11. Write a thank you note to someone who helps you every day.
12. Sweep the kitchen before you’re asked.
13. Take a friend to church.
14. Make a play date with a toddler to give his/her mom a break.
15. Invite someone to your house that you know doesn’t have many friends.
16. Wash the family car without being asked.
17. Choose someone who doesn’t usually get chosen first for a game.
18. Take an extra dessert in your lunch for sharing.
19. Plant some flowers in little pots to give away.
20. Write a letter to someone who needs encouragement.
Talk to God
"God, thank you for all these things I can do for others to show them your love."