Say this together:
Don't stand down. Stand up for peace, love, and helping others.
Jesus told us what is most important: love God and love others. Part of loving others is being a peacemaker. There are lots of ways to do that:
· Be kind when you disagree.
· Compromise—when you disagree, talk about the different things everyone wants. Come up with a new deal everyone can be okay with.
· Listen to other people’s ideas, thoughts, and feelings respectfully.
· Treat people the way you want to be treated.
· Pray for people who just don’t want to be at peace with you.
Being a peacemaker isn’t always easy. But when you ask God to help you be at peace with others and build them up, you are doing your part.
Watch This Video Together
· Challenge: Who can say the Bible verse and do the motions with their eyes closed?
· Share a time when you fought or disagreed with someone else.
· What did you do to have peace with them, or what do you think you could do if it happens again?
· What did the other person do about the fight or disagreement?
God, we want to love other people well. Help us to be willing to do hard things so that we can be at peace with others. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Read the Bible verse for today. Take turns sharing what it makes you think about. Ask each other any questions it makes you think of.
Note: If you read the verse in a translation that’s different from the one used in the video, talk about what is the same and what is different in each translation.