In Psalm 138 we find ingredients for answered prayer:
1. Worship-based, praise-filled prayer!
3. Rejoicing in God’s love and faithfulness
On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased (verse 3). Does this mean that we will always get a quick answer? Based on the experience of many faithful Christians, we may not immediately see circumstances change, but our viewpoint will have changed, and we are strengthened in our souls by the Holy Spirit!
Read today’s Scripture passage. Say or write it out in your own words, considering the following questions:
· What do they say about God?
· What do they say about us?
· Is there a promise to trust?
· Is there a command to obey?
· How will I apply these Scriptures to my life?
· Who will I show that I care by sharing this truth?
Now read this week’s memory verse, Jeremiah 33:3. Spend a few minutes committing it to memory.
Continue the next reading plan February Week 4 — PRAYER