In today’s reading from Psalm 66, the psalmist invites us to hear his testimony. He recounts the wondrous deeds God has done in his life, especially how God answered his desperate prayer. Again, like Jehoshaphat, his prayer was frontloaded with worship (verse 17). What observation does the psalmist make in verses 18 and 19? What causes the psalmist to bless God in verses 19 and 20? How is your prayer life when you are not in right relationship with God?
Read today’s Scripture passage. Say or write it out in your own words, considering the following questions.
· What does it say about God?
· What does it say about us?
· Is there a promise to trust?
· Is there a command to obey?
· How will I apply this Scripture to my life?
· Who will I show that I care by sharing this truth?
Now read this week’s memory verse, Jeremiah 33:3. Spend a few minutes working to memorize it.