Let’s keep talking about how fear seeks to destroy and torment, so that we can recognize the power God has given us over it!
- It IMPRISONS us to stay the same.
God said, “Fear tells my people they’ll never change. That’s a lie from the enemy because I have promised to change you and conform you to the image of My Son Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29)!”
- It DECEIVES us into thinking we’ll never get what we truly want.
But God says in Psalm 37:4, “Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart.” Friend, whatever you desire (in agreement with His promises), boldly ask for it, for Jesus said, it shall be done. (Mark 11:24)
- It SINKS us into a life of failure and gloom.
Fear is a force that creates negative living through negative thinking. Job said, “For what I have feared has come upon me, and what I dread befalls me” (Job 3:25). Failure and defeat are drawn to fear like sharks are drawn to blood in the water.
In Christ, we have the power to ensure fear cannot imprison us, deceive us, or sink us into a life of failure. What do we say when we’re afraid?
God has not given us a spirit of FEAR but of:
- POWER! You have been given authority over ALL THE POWER of the enemy!
- LOVE! Love is an unbreakable promise. To know He loves you is to know He will keep His promise to you.
- A SOUND MIND! You can see things from God’s UNLIMITED perspective and His position—seated FAR ABOVE all things!