Today we’re going to start with two of the seven ways fear torments us.
- It PARALYZES us from moving forward.
God told me, “I don’t want My people staying in the same place that they’ve been spiritually. I want them moving forward. And they are not going to move forward when they are afraid.”
- It REDUCES us to something less than what God created us to be.
The Lord went on to say to me, “Fear torments My people because it gets them comparing themselves to others.” As we compare ourselves to others, we limit ourselves from being the unique creation God made us to be. When we compare, we despair. Stop comparing, and you’ll stop despairing.
Don’t let fear paralyze you from moving forward. Don’t let torment reduce you to ANYONE less than who God has already made you in His image to be!
Let’s end each day focusing on what Paul wrote in 2 Timothy, when he said that God has not given us a spirit of FEAR but of:
- POWER! You have the power of the Holy Spirit, the Power of God’s Word, the Power to His promises, and the POWER of your tongue. Speak up today and fear will leave!
- LOVE! You are God’s beloved child! God has perfect, unconditional love for you. You don’t have to change to earn God’s love. He loves you perfectly just as you are today. This kind of love “casts out fear”! Believe it today!
- A SOUND MIND! Tell fear that you have the mind of Christ! Thanks to the Holy Spirit and God’s Word, you can think from God’s point of view! What do you do when you don’t know what to do? Fill your mind and mouth with God’s Word, and fear will flee.