A MAN WHO KNEW GOD
“Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend.” - Exodus 33:11a (NASB)
1. How does verse 11 describe how the Lord would speak to Moses? A sample conversation is portrayed in verses 12-23. How would you compare this to how you speak to God during your quiet times with Him? What do we learn about our own relationship with Jesus in John 15:15?
2. Name the 3 prayer requests of Moses in chapter 33:12-18. What do they reveal about the heart of Moses?
3. What was the purpose of the prayer request of Moses in verse 13?
1. As you spend time with the Lord starting this week journal what are the things that you personally discover about God just like Moses did after the Lord appeared to him in Exodus 34:5-8.
2. What do the Lord’s words in Exodus 33:19, “I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion” reveal about God’s character? How submissive are you to that truth even with regards to your own petitions to God?
3. Why did Moses want God’s presence to go with them in verses 15-16? In the NT how are disciples distinguished from other people (e.g. John 13:35, Romans 8:14)? How true are those in your life?
“Some people pray just to pray and some people pray to know God.” - Andrew Murray