Day 7: Share Your Faith
Next to personally knowing Jesus and walking with Him, one of the greatest blessings of the Christian life is to lead someone else to Jesus Christ. The good news is that God wants to use you—not just pastors, missionaries, and evangelists—as His instrument to speak to others.
Jesus gave us this very commission in Matthew 28:19-20, where He says, “Go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you.” This wonderful charge is known as the “great commission.” But the way some Christians follow it, you would think it was the “great suggestion.” For many, the “great commission” has become the “great omission.” Sharing our faith, however, is something that Jesus wants—and commands—us to do! How do we do this? First Peter 3:15-16 tells us to be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks us about the hope we have in Jesus. Here are several passages from God’s Word that will help you to share your faith.
• God wants us to pray for unbelieving friends and family (see Exodus 32:9-13, 31-32)
• Stay faithful even if it makes others uncomfortable (see Esther 3:2; 10:3)
• Those who lead others to faith will shine like the stars (see Daniel 12:3)
• All followers of Christ are to share the gospel (see Matthew 28:19)
• Share what you’ve experienced (see John 4:28-29)
• You don’t need special training to share (see John 9:13-33)
• Be open to God’s leading (see Acts 8:4-8, 26-38)
• Share your own story (see Acts 26:1-23)
• Understand the simplicity of the gospel (see 1 Corinthians 2:1-5)
This devotional reading plan is from the New Believer’s Bible published by Tyndale House Publishers in partnership with Greg Laurie. Discover More