Day 2: How to Study Your Bible
You might say that the Bible is the “user’s manual of life” - the manual which we have all been searching for. Everything we need to know about God and living a life that pleases Him is found in the pages of Scripture.
Tragically, some of us go through life without so much as picking up this amazing book whose words were inspired by God. Yet, success or failure in the Christian life is determined by how much of the Bible we get into our hearts and minds and how obedient we are to the principles and teachings found within it. Just as we need to continually breathe oxygen to survive, we also need to regularly study the Bible to grow and flourish spiritually. Here are some important reasons why we need to spend time in this life-changing book.
• Studying the Bible gives us life (see Deuteronomy 8:3)
• Studying the Bible makes Scripture a central part of our lives (see Deuteronomy 11:18-20)
• Studying the Bible will be a blessing and will cause you to prosper in your spiritual walk (see Psalm 1:1-3)
• Studying the Bible will keep your walk holy (see Psalm 119:9-16)
• Hiding the Word in your heart will keep you from sin (see Psalm 119:11)
• Studying the Bible helps our faith grow (see Romans 10:17)
• Studying the Bible equips us (see 2 Timothy 3:14-17)