NOTE: This devotional is meant to be consumed mainly in audio form. The text below simply serves as an outline for the audio material.
The ultimate reason why many men struggle: Men don’t have a foxhole.
Breakdown of this devotional:
Day 1: What makes a godly man?
Day 2: What makes a manly man?
Day 3: Can you be both godly and manly?
Day 4: Was Jesus a manly man?
Day 5: What is a foxhole?
Day 6: Why do men need a foxhole?
Day 7: How do you build/maintain your foxhole?
In Day 1 of this devotional, we’re going to answer the question: WHAT MAKES A GODLY MAN?
1. Truths outside the self (the narrative of humanity):
Here’s the story: We were created to be like God. We blew it. We now require deliverance to become pure before the eyes of a Holy and Just God. God sent Jesus to pay for the sins of humanity. We simply have to accept God’s free gift of grace and salvation.
We were created to be like God.
We blew it.
We now require deliverance to become pure before the eyes of a Holy and Just God.
God sent Jesus to pay for the sins of humanity.
2 Corinthians 5:21
We simply have to accept God’s free gift of grace and salvation.
2. Truths displayed publicly (answers the question: What makes a godly man?):
10 main characteristics from the Bible.
1. A godly man has surrendered his life to Christ.
2. A godly man is selfless.
3. A godly man strives for holiness.
1 Peter 1:13-18
4. A godly man is repentant.
1 John 1:9
5. A godly man loves his wife as Christ loved the church.
6. A godly man is sexually pure.
1 Corinthians 6:18
7. A godly man protects his mind.
2 Corinthians 10:5
8. A godly man is humble.
9. A godly man does not rely on his own strength alone.
10. A godly man loves God and his neighbor.
Before you move on to the next thing, here are some questions to ask yourself:
1. Where do I fit into the narrative of humanity?
2. How many of the godly attributes listed in this devotional do I possess?
3. Do I have men around me that are pushing me to sharpen or develop these godly attributes?
For more content like this, be sure to check out our other YouVersion devotionals.
Make sure you come back tomorrow for Day 2 where we discuss what makes a manly man.
Until then, keep pushing back darkness… keep forging spiritual, mental, and physical resilience… KEEP SEEKING THE LION OF JUDAH.