- Before reading the main Scripture(s) for today, pray, and ask the Holy Spirit to speak life into you over the next few minutes.
- See it.
- Read the passage. What sticks out to you? What are your thoughts or questions? It may be helpful to highlight or underline words or phrases that seem important or even confusing to you.
- Slow it down.
- Read the passage again, but take your time. Now what sticks out? Is it something new? Is it the same as last time? It is also helpful to write down or type out your thoughts and questions.
- Speak it out.
- Read the passage one more time, but out loud this time. Now take just a few minutes and ask God what he is trying to speak to you. Expect that he will speak to you through your conscience, thoughts in your mind, pastors, teachers and even some of your friends.
- Thank God for always having time for you. Ask him to open your heart to continually hear from him throughout the rest of the day.
In Part Two of this series, you asked the Holy Spirit to show you the sin(s) in your life from which you need to turn away. Today, write them down on a piece of paper. Has the devil tried to remind you about who you once were? Write down every name he has called you. Write down all the negative thoughts he has tried to put in your head. Remember, everything he tells you is a lie, and he wants nothing more than to steal, kill and destroy your life.
Now, prayerfully re-read through verses 1-2 and 9-10 of Psalm 51. Take King David's words and make them your own. Rip the paper which contains your past, and every lie from satan, in half and praise God because the blood of His Son Jesus has given you new life.