PREPARE - A Student Reading Plan Exploring Your Call
DAY 1 OF 7
What does it mean to be called to something?
- It could be a dream or vision for your life that you can’t ignore.
- It could be someone asking you to work toward changing the world.
- It could be a passion you have that never burns out.
But what if that calling came directly from God?
Every Christian is called to ministry in some way. But some Christians are called to full-time vocational ministry. This calling doesn’t make you better than anyone else, but it is a different calling.
- It might be a call to study at a small Bible College instead of a large state school.
- It might be a call to build God’s Church instead of your own business.
- It might be a call to tell people in another country about Jesus, leaving the comforts of home behind.
- It might be a call to preach God’s Word every week instead of spending the weekends at the lake.
Other schools, jobs, locations, and having weekends off aren’t bad. But if God calls you to full-time ministry, you have to accept that your life will be different.
Ministry requires a different kind of preparation.
We are going to spend the next several days exploring five people God called into full-time ministry. Each of their stories shows us what it means to accept the call from God and prepare for full-time ministry.
Let these stories guide you as you wrestle with your own call from God.
- What do you think God is calling you to?
- What are you most afraid of about that calling?
- What about that calling makes you most excited?
Father, I want to hear Your voice clearly. As I study Your Word this week, help me hear about how I can serve in full-time ministry. Encourage and confirm the call You’ve put on my life. Amen.
About this Plan
Every Christian is called to ministry in some way. But some Christians are called to full-time vocational ministry. This calling doesn’t make you better than anyone else, but it is a different calling. Let these stories ...
We would like to thank Southeast Christian Church for providing this Plan. For more information, please visit: https://www.southeastchristian.org