Why Pray for My Nation?
Unity is our only hope for all that divides us. Jesus prayed, “I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me” (John 17:21).
- Lord, regardless of our own preferences or traditions, draw each of your followers together as a witness of Jesus to the entire world.
- Father, use your church to serve as the unifying body of people in our nation.
- Holy Spirit, wake up your church to spiritual revival, experiencing the manifest presence of God as a people.
Our leaders must turn toward His Word and will: “The king’s heart is like a stream of water directed by the Lord; he guides it wherever he pleases” (Proverbs 21:1).
- Lord Jesus, we ask you to turn the heart of our president, vice president, and both houses of Congress toward your Word and your ways.
- Father, we ask you to inspire and lead the hearts of our political leaders to come together for the good of our nation.
- Holy Spirit, we ask you to place God’s armor upon each of our leaders, protecting them and their families in every way.
The truth is that the next great spiritual awakening can usher in the fulfillment of the Great Commission. This is why Paul reminds us, “This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed” (Romans 13:11).
- Father, we ask that your sovereign will be for the next great spiritual awakening to occur in our generation.
- Lord Jesus, because of your grace, pour out your power upon our nation, bringing forth a spiritual awakening that will result in millions coming to faith in Jesus Christ.
- Holy Spirit, move your church to pray extraordinarily until we see the next great spiritual awakening in our generation