‘May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope.’ (Rom 15:13)
The Bible gives us a clear understanding of where we can lean on God with total assurance and trust him with all our heart:
- His Character: God is good and his goodness characterises everything he says and does
- His Covenant: God has entered into a binding covenantal commitment with his people
- His Communication: God speaks and his sheep (disciples) hear his voice
- His Competence: God is 'able' – there is nothing impossible for him, no situation beyond him
- His Clock: God is never late – his clock keeps perfect time
We will use these five themes to shape our 40-day journey as we seek to grow in trusting God.