1. Be honest with the real truth in your heart about your spouse.
2. Recognize that your Christ-like submission to your spouse is a part of your obedience as a disciple of Christ.
3. Be thankful that Jesus' way always leads to life and blessing.
4. Swallow your pride, disregard your awkwardness and reach out to your spouse.
5. Ask forgiveness from God and your spouse for how you have not been obedient in submission or love.
6. Call out the enemy's attack for what it is.
7. Call out the best in your spouse.
8. Believe for life and beauty in your marriage that reflects Christ.
9. Walk on and repeat.