Matt 25:14-30: Parable of the Talents.
I) The Parable
A) A businessman ________________ his servants with his different amounts of his wealth.
1) The first two servants worked hard and _____________ the resources that were given to them.
2) The last servant ____________________ his money in the dirt.
B) The businessman returned to ________ accounts with the servants.
1) The businessman gave the same ________________ to the first two servants who worked hard.
2) The 3rd servant _________ the businessman for his lack of action.
C) The master kicked the wicked servant __________.
II) The Parable’s Meaning
A) This parable is designed to teach Jesus’s disciples how to live between his _____________________ and when he comes again.
He is teaching them how to be a part of and advance the kingdom of God.
The kingdom of God is the presence and powerful lordship of Jesus! This kingdom is known and seen wherever Christ is acknowledged, where his subjects are saved, where his enemies are vanquished, and where his ways are obeyed.
(I adapted this from a blog post by Sam Storms)
B) Christ is the ______________________ who has left.
1) He has given us the lavish gift of grace and eternal life with God.
2) God gives everyone the gifts and talents he thinks are __________ for his purposes and for them.
C) When Christ comes again, he will ___________ accounts with all.
III) This parable should challenge us to ask three questions.
A) Do we understand the magnitude of the gift of God’s grace?
B) What gifts Christ has given to us? How are we using them to advance the kingdom of God?
1) Everything we have is a gift from God. We should not get caught in the ______________ trap.
2) God evaluates us on what we _________ with the gifts he has given us. We should begin serving now.
C) Are we willing to serve even if your accolade doesn’t come until Christ comes _______________?