Exodus 32:7-14: Moses Mediates
I) God layouts an indictment against the people of Israel.
A) God tells Moses that the people of Israel sinned when they ________________ God by building and worshiping the golden calf.
B) God’s reminds Moses that the people deserve _________________.
II) God encourages Moses to play the role of mediator between God and his people.
A) God doesn’t destroy Israel right away. There is no need to wait to eradicate them if God was really done with them.
B) God subtly reminds Moses of two important truths.
1) God reminds Moses he is the __________ of the people of Israel.
2) God reminds Moses of God’s _________ to make the people of Israel into a great nation and light to the world.
III) Moses mediates and intercedes on behalf of Israelites.
A) He boldly ___________________ a holy and just God.
B) Moses asks God to show _____________.
1) God delivered his people, the Israelites, from _________.
2) Other nations will ____________ God’s punishment of Israel.
3) God made a _____________ to the Israelites forefathers.
C) God showed _______________ to the Israelites.
D) Moses ________________ the Israelites and they repented.
IV) Personal Application
A) We have an even ___________ mediator in Jesus (1 Tim. 2:5,6).
1) Jesus mediated for us in spite of our _____________ state.
2) His sacrificial death created a way for God’s justice and mercy to ____________ (Romans 3:23-25).
3) The Holy _________ intercedes on believer's behalf (Romans 8:26)
B) We have a call to intercessory prayer.
1) God can ___________ us to be intercede for others.
2) Our prayers are _______ of the instruments God uses to accomplish his will.
Who do you know that needs intercessory prayer because they do not believe in Christ or are entangled in sin?