Haggai 1: Proper Priorities
I) God gave the Jewish remnant a mandate to build his temple.
A) God provided them what they ____________ to accomplish this task.
B) God desired for Jews to ___________ him and be a light to the gentiles
II) Haggai's shares God's assessment of the Jewish remnant.
A) They made their lives a higher priority than God’s work.
1) People used _____________ as an excuse to not follow God’s commands.
2) They focused on their own _________ rather than God’s work.
B) They were _____________ satisfied with what they received.
III) Haggai's challenge is relevant to Christians today.
A) Christ commanded his followers to seek his kingdom _______.
B) Christians can struggle with the same issues as the Jewish Remnant.
1) We can let opposition ____________ us.
2) Our own priorities can __________ God’s priorities.
IV) The Jewish remnant headed God’s call to repentance.
A) The Jews examined their lives and admitted their ______ to obey God.
B) They did what God commanded and started to __________ the temple.
V) We can heed the same warning.
A) We are called to evaluate our lives and __________ our failures.
B) We are called to make God’s priorities our ______ priorities again.
Questions to reflect on this week.
1) Who or what opposes your Christian faith?
2) What things are the top priority in your life? Need help figuring it out look at your calendar and checkbook.
3) What could you do to make God a higher priority?