Paul urges those who are taught to help those who are teaching them in the spirit by encouraging and uplifting them.
i. The historical context here focuses on financial support, but it is NOT limited to money alone.
1. It is the place of those being taught to support the teachers and preachers with money, and though this seems self-serving, it has to be said.
2. Martin Luther said: “These passages are all meant to benefit us ministers. I must say I do not find much pleasure in explaining these verses. I am made to appear as if I am speaking for my own benefit.”
3. This is a fundamental spiritual precept that is occasionally disregarded. You should give financial support to those who nourish and bless you spiritually.
ii. Today we can
1. Share on social media.
2. Text and call
3. Message one another
4. Share a word of encouragement.
5. Amen during the message.
6. Be interactive in the lesson.
7. Study between classes.