During this 9-week series, we will focus on what it means to be called by God. Simply put, we are Ordinary People with Ordinary Callings. We each have an ordinary call that takes a unique shape in a specific place. Our ordinary call is 3-fold: Loving God & others (Connection), making disciples (Multiplication) and healing a broken world (Restoration). The SHAPE it takes is based on our Spiritual gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality and Experiences. The place we find ourselves is where God has positioned us in the world for His work to be completed. This week, we reflect on what it means to have people who are faith-filled, mat carriers in our lives.
1. Is it getting harder or easier to believe and live into your 3-fold call?
2. If you have to rate your faith on a scale of 1 (little) to 10 (lots), where would it be? Who do you know that has more faith in God than you? How have you seen this be beneficial?
3. Read Luke 5:17-26 or watch (link below). What do the verbs in the passage tell us about those helping their friend? How do you feel about the house being destroyed? What do you think of Jesus' statement to the paralyzed man's friends? What else comes to mind?
4. Do you know your spiritual gifts? Take this inventory (link below. Why do you think God grants spiritual gifts and natural abilities? How have you experienced your own spiritual gifts at work in the lives of others?
5. Who is God calling you to be a faith-filled mat carrier for? How might you keep your eyes more open to this possibility? What might life be like if you did take this approach?
6. In what way are you paralyzed and in need of a faith-filled mat carrier in your life? What holds you back from seeking out someone? What could be the benefit if you did? Who could you ask to come alongside you?
Lord, help me to live into my 3-fold calling (Connection, Multiplication, Restoration), understand my SHAPE, and partner with you in the location you have placed me in this world.
Resources: (see links below)
Spiritual Gifts Assessment
Coaching Men and Women
Purpose Driven Life
30 Discipleship Questions