Specifically, when we speak of a church that is relevant, we are focusing on three things:
• We are REAL - honest about who we are (and who we’re not)
• We take time to listen, to understand those we are reaching
• We tell our real story about faith in Christ
• We don’t pretend or hype and we aren’t playing games
• We’re not afraid to speak truth to what’s happening today
• We understand that this really matters - eternal life and eternal death hang in the balance
• We believe that we are in the last days and that “waiting till tomorrow” is bad evangelism and bad theology. (Thus, “The Future is Now.”)
• We have hope and we will cannot keep it to ourselves
• We won’t be pushy, but we will have urgency to share the Gospel faithfully.
• We make a meaningful difference.
• We realize that nothing happens apart from the love of Christ flowing through us.
• We don’t expect people to “have their act together” before extending a hand to them.
• We truly care and people know it.
• We’re not intimidated by sin, but we don’t turn a blind eye to it either.