Lessons from Old Saints
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
S — Scripture
- Take the time as a group to read the whole story of “David & Goliath” in
- As it is being read, highlight/circle/underline a verse or verses that
stand out to you
O - Observations
Discuss what you read as a group. Use these questions to help you along.
1. Why do you think the Israelites let Goliath set the terms of how the challenge would work? What could they have done instead?
2. What was it about Goliath or the situation that paralyzed the Israelites?
3. How would you describe David in what you read? What was it about him that allowed him to have a completely different perspective?
A - Apply
4. As a group take some time to describe a “giant” you are facing right now. Draw your giant, what are words that you would use to describe him that make him such a giant to you.
5. Is this a new giant? or a giant you thought was slain but is back?
6. Has the Lord given you opportunity to practice on smaller things (lions, bears) to prepare you for this giant?
7. Is your giant setting the terms for you right now? What is the Spirit saying to you about this and about what your Heavenly Father wants you to know today.
P - Prayer
Pray for one another in two’s or three’s. Philippians 4:5 says, “The Lord is near.” 1 Samuel reminds us that the battle is the Lord’s! Pray with faith and with thankfulness for GOD’s might against your giants.