Judges 8: Gideon Part 2
I) The downfall of Gideon and Israel.
A) Ephraimites were ____________ at Gideon because he didn’t use them in the initial battle.
1) God told Gideon that he was _________________ Gideon’s army to prove God saved Israel.
2) Rather than share this truth, Gideon _____________ them with compliments.
B) Sukkoth and Peniel refused to ___________ Gideon’s men because they are afraid the Midianites may regroup and defeat Gideon.
C) Gideon exacted ______________.
1) Gideon ______________ Sukkoth and Peniel for not helping him.
2) Gideon executes Zebah and Zalmunna because they killed his ________________.
3) He needed multiple _______________ from God.
D) Gideon leads Israel back to idolatry.
1) Gideon initially refuses the Israelites invite to become their _____________.
2) He used the plunder to create an elegant __________ like the high priest.
3) Gideon leads Israel to worship a________, rather than God.
4) In the end, Gideon assumes a _________________ role. He name shis son Abimelek, which means my “Father is King.”
II) God brought the land 40 years of peace.
III) Lessons we can apply to our lives today.
A) We can think when __________ more than God and become resentful when things don’t go the way we want them to.
B) Our ______ can keep us from joining God’s redemptive mission.
C) We can say the _____________ things, but our actions show the evil motives inour hearts.
D) We must worship God ____________, and not trust in relics or religious leaders.
Which of these areas do you struggle with the most? How do they express themselves in your own life?
IV) Christ, the true High Priest, gives believers ________. He allows them to approach God boldly because he atoned for their sins.