The Lord is good!
Vs 7-8: The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him and rescues them. O taste and see that the Lord is good; How blessed is
After David experienced God truly being present with Him and powerfully rescuing him he could not help but urge others to know and trust Him in the same way.
David’s conclusion is there is just no better way to live life than to live it with God.
· We live life with God by surrender to Him.
· We will only surrender to Him when we come to realize His love for us is perfect.
· When we surrender to God we will experience what life in God’s Kingdom is like – we will taste and see that the Lord is good!
…we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope and hope does not put us to shame, because Gods love has been out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Romans 5:3-5
We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure so that we despaired of life itself. Indeed we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God…” I Corinthians 1:8-9
· Read Surrender to Love by David Benner
· Spend time grasping what Perfect Love is like through reading and reflecting on Scriptures like:
1 Corinthians 13, Luke 15:11-32, Romans 8:31-39 & Ephesians 3:14-21
· Write Psalm 23 in the first person for yourself. As you read it envision Jesus speaking those words directly to you. This is the promise of The One who loves you perfectly.