PROBLEMS WITH COMPARISON:
1. Comparison can only lead you to feeling superior or inferior
- You could say insecurity or pride.
- Comparison will end up making you angry at God.
2. Comparison is tiring
- The problem with comparison is...there’s no win. There’s no finish line.
3. Comparison derails your purpose
- Hebrews 12:1 - Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
- This is what Jesus was telling Peter - I’ve called you to feed my
sheep...run your race. Follow me. God gifted us differently.
4. Comparison makes others your adversary
- We aren’t in competition with others. - We don’t wrestle against flesh and
CURES FOR COMPARISON
If you’re content, you have no need to compare. It is the secret to living in every situation.
Comparison and contentment cannot co-exist