Titus 2:4-8: Teach Young Men and Women
I) Sound Doctrine = Knowledge of Truth + Christ-like Behavior (Head knowledge is not biblical wisdom!)
A) Christ-like behavior is learned best in ______________ life.
Who are you apprenticing under? Who are you doing life with so you can learn from their Christ-like example?
B) More mature Christians are called to be an _____________ for younger Christians.
Who are you investing time into? What kind of an example are you setting for those younger than you?
II) Teach young (spiritually immature) women to . . .
A) Love their ______________.
B) Love their ______________.
C) Be self-controlled: _______________ are under control.
D) Be _____________.
E) Work hard at ______________ (and outside of it too).
F) Be ___________________
G) ____________: Respect and follow the leadership of your husband.
1) A husband is to loving and ________________ lead his family.
2) A wife’s submission is not ____________ or coerced. Rather, it is deliberate decision or action on their part.
3) Christ’s interaction with the ___________ in the Garden of Gethsemane is the ultimate example of submission.
III) Teach young (spiritually immature) men . . .
The phrase likewise or similarly implies that the younger men are to be called to similar thing as women.
A) To be ____________-controlled: Impulses are under control.
B) To do good ______________.
C) In their teaching (______________) . . .
1) Show _______________.
2) Exhibit seriousness or ______________________.
3) Speak the truth in a _____________ way.
IV) Goal: Glorify God and properly ______________ Christ to the world.