Going Deeper is designed for use with your small group, a friend or on you own. Its aim is to create time for you to spend with God and his word. Do as much or as little as you like. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact one of our pastoral staff.
1. Pray for the needs of your Life Group, for our church and our leaders, for personal and corporate renewal, and to allow God’s word to transform us. Share a recent entry from your Life Journal with the group.
2. This Sunday, the message focus was on the absolute unique nature, character, and work of Jesus – Only Jesus is Lord. What thoughts or questions did the message raise for you? Which ones encouraged you or posed a challenge to you?
3. Jesus is fully God and fully man. Read: John 1:1; John 20:28; Titus 2:13; Hebrews 1:8 and Luke 22:42; John 14:28; Hebrews 2:17-18. What do you think about this? How does it affect how you see Jesus as Saviour, as Redeemer, as God? What questions does this raise for you?
4. Only Jesus was able to live a perfect human life. How does His life, death, and resurrection enable us to hold onto our hope that we can overcome our own sins? In what ways have you experienced this in your own life.
5. Only through Jesus can humanity hope for salvation and eternal life Read: John 14:6; Acts 4:10-12. How has that knowledge been reflected in your own life? How can we as individual and corporate Christians speak, live, and demonstrate that sure hope to others?
6. Read Acts 1:9-11; Phil 2:5-8; 3:20-21; 1 Tim 2:5. How does it help you in your walk to know that, since His incarnation, Jesus has always been fully God and fully human, never losing any fraction of either?
7. Take a moment of silence to consider how God is speaking to you through these verses. Is He asking you to make changes or to do something new? What concrete steps of response do you want to take? How can your group support you in these steps?