Is the way to heaven too narrow? There are five major schools of thought as to life and eternal life:
- Buddhism – 376 million followers all seeking an Eightfold Path. The only way to Nirvana in this life is to follow this path. There is no “ultimate place”.
- Hinduism – 900 million followers all seeking multiple lives as the pathway to death. Nirvana is finally reached as each life gets better. New Age movement only moves forward in better lives.
- Secularism – 1.1 billion followers are atheistic or agnostic. They are choosing not to explore their faith.
- Islam – 1.5 billion followers. They follow the Five Pillars as a means to earn their place in Paradise.
- Christianity – 2 billion followers. As Christians, we cannot earn our way to God. Instead of our reaching up to God, He reached down to us through Jesus and offered us grace!