The Dangers of not Resting
1. Our bodies physically wear down.
2. Our minds emotionally wear down – stress!
3. It’s harder to love people because when we’re absent, tired, and stressed out we can’t love like God designed us to love.
4. We start to develop a feeling of God being far away
5. We have thoughts of doubt seep into our mind
6. We begin to develop a diminishing (or non-existent) prayer life
7. We have trouble opening and reading our Bible
8. We becom less and less concerned for the things of God and more and more drawn to the things of the world
9. We struggle with community because community takes time.
10. Our families suffer.
11. Identity crisis: When our identity is in our work or being busy or anything besides Jesus we lose our way.