Can you think of an area of your life that feels overly burdensome or depleting? Is there a situation or circumstance that is frustrating or seems unnecessarily painful? Call that situation clearly to mind. With it before you begin to ask yourself….
● How have I responded to this? What have I tried to do in response to this?
● How have my efforts impacted the situation so far?
● Have I honestly, thoughtfully considered what it would look like to trust/obey Jesus in this situation?
● Who could help me surrender my efforts to be in control and submit myself and this situation to Jesus?
● Am I reluctant to obey Jesus because I have tried to anticipate the results and I don’t think they are worth the cost?
● Have a trusted friend help you keep in mind the result of obedience to Jesus is always good. That does not mean easy or good in the way of painless. It means when the kingdom of God breaks out, we will never regret following the way of Jesus, regardless.
● Read, memorize and continually reflect on Matthew 6:33 as you learn from Jesus how to live life.