Staying in Love - Part 1
Primary texts: Mark 10:6-9; John 13:34
Think about the question: "Is it possible for two people to stay happy together forever?" Is it even in our imagination for this to be possible? Happy together? Forever? What would it take for any relationship, romantic or otherwise, to keep love on the forefront for a long period of time? Where is God wanting to challenge you in this area of your life?
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. If a young teenager asked you that question- "How possible is it for two people to stay happy together forever?" -how would you answer, and what reasons would you give for your answer?
3. Think of the relational habits promoted by our culture. Which ones have you noticed work against enduring love relationships?
4. When you think about Jesus telling us to love one another as he loved us, what standards and guidelines for relationships does that bring to mind?
5. What do you think it means in a marriage to practice mutual submission out of reverence for Christ? What typically keeps couples from practicing this in their marriage, from always giving priority to the other person?
6. How can we encourage each other to respond to what God has for us?