SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
1. What is 1 thing you are Thankful to God for in February?
2. What is 1 Challenge that you need God’s Guidance in this week?
3. Who is 1 person in your life that needs to say YES to Jesus?
4. Pray for the person on your right. “JESUS, thank you for (the person on your right), please bless/help/guide them with (the challenge they shared). We also pray for (the person they shared that needs to know JESUS), that you would bless them, and do whatever it takes to bring them into a new relationship with You. Amen!”
5. Are you Scared of Heights? Have any of you done skydiving or other heights related activities? If not, would you?
6. Do you tend to see Boundaries in your life as a hindrance or as protection? What are 1-2 Boundaries/Guardrails that you are thankful for in your life?
7. When it comes to hearing the voice of God how can people get weird and off line? Have you seen people get weird in this area?
8. Pastor Mike talked about 4 Guardrails that God gives us so that we stay balanced in our communication with Him. Do you remember what they were?
GUARDRAIL #1: Listening for guidance must not replace Bible Study.
GUARDRAIL #2: Listening for Guidance must not replace Good Counsel.
GUARDRAIL #3: Listening for guidance must not replace Common Sense.
GUARDRAIL #4: Listening for guidance must not replace our Humanity.
9. GUARDRAIL #1: Listening for guidance must not replace Bible Study. Read Psalm 119:9-16 & 2 Timothy 3:16-17
What do these verses tell us about God’s guidance in our lives?
Why is it so important to spend time in God’s Word when learning to listen to His voice?
What are the dangers of not doing so? Discuss.
10. GUARDRAIL #2: Listening for Guidance must not replace good counsel. Would you describe yourself as teachable? Yes/no. Why/why not?
Why do you think God designed that we would receive His guidance in our lives through other people?
Read Proverbs 11:14 and 12:15 How do we remain humble and teachable in life? How has that helped you hear God?
11. GUARDRAIL #3: Listening for guidance must not replace common sense. What is common sense? Is ‘common sense’ actually that common? How do you get common sense?
Read Proverbs 3:21-23 According to this verse how does God use common sense to lead, direct and guide us?
12. GUARDRAIL #4: Listening for guidance must not replace our humanity. God made us human. Does our humanity need to be laid aside and are we to speak to God about every little thing in order to find direction? If we did that what would that make us? (robots)...
13. How is our humanity important to our connecting with God? (It means we are relational and that we can have a relationship with God).