G2 Soul Training Exercise:
Engage God’s Word: This week take time each day to read one or more of these Scriptures. As you read think about how doing these kinds of things would change how you live life. Think about the kinds of things you might begin doing among your family, your friends, in your neighborhood, at work and in the community as you go about daily life. Write down questions that come up and ask your G2 Group leader or another spiritual leader in your life. Near the end of the week pick one or more ways you can begin living with more of a focus on the good of others.
● Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:18-19
● But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you… Matthew 5:44
● But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you Luke 6:27, Luke 6:35
● By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13:35
● Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
● We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death. 1 John 3:14
● We know love by this that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16
● Beloved if God so loved us, we also out to love one another. 1John 4:11
Adopt BELLs as a way of living day to day life.
● B: Bless 3 people each week, one of which does not follow Jesus yet. This can be verbally or physically serving them or giving them a gift.
● E: Eat with 3 people each week, one of which does not follow Jesus yet. This can be coffee, snack or just engaging in a significant/meaningful conversation.
● L: Listen to the Holy Spirit: Practice spending 5 minutes at the beginning of each day alone and quiet as you allow the Holy Spirit to speak, bringing thoughts of who to bless and eat with this week. Of course the Holy Spirit can and will speak many other things when we become still and listen.
● L: Learn Jesus: Get to know Jesus more and more by regularly and reflectively reading through the Gospels.
● S: Sent Lives. Live a life of mission and purpose – the life of a fisher of men. Adopt a mindset that you are a missionary to your neighbors, family, friends and co-workers. See yourself as one who has been sent by Jesus to cast the net of the Gospel in a wide variety of ways!