*REMINDER: If you have babies or children in the nursery or kid’s church please do not silence your phone... please keep it handy. Our staff will text you to communicate any assistance needed in regards to your little ones.
* Also, our children cannot congregate in Jubilee‘s gym after church (due to liability issues), HOWEVER, our children can now hang out in Heartland’s Kids Church after church with parental supervision. A few rule though: please do not bring in any food and please make sure the room is completely cleaned up and in order for next Sunday. :)
1. Heartland’s Recovery Ministry has launched an AA Meeting on Thursday’s at 7pm right here at Heartland! (Childcare is available.) Please see Alex Sotiropoulos for more details.
2. Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes are due today! Heartland’s shoeboxes have ended up in the African countries of Namibia, Zambia, Ghana, and Togo. We typically find out the destination country in February... we will keep you posted!
3. Calling all Heartland ladies! Do your emotions get the best of you? Are you struggling with controlling your tongue when upset? Are our tired of dealing with those icky feelings that just don’t go away? Nicole Lott will be teaching a life-changing lesson on “Learning to sit with uncomfortable feelings and emotions” at the Heart-to-Heart Bible study on Tues, Nov 17th at 7pm. These concepts are often taught by Christian counselors and have proven to be very effective! This is a great opportunity to learn how to actually cope with these emotions instead of suppressing them or lashing out at those you love. See Nicole for more details.
4. SERVING OPPORTUNITY: Heartland will be serving the homeless community at PADS (in this building!) on Sat, Nov 30th! PADS is an Interim Overnight Housing Program offering families and individuals a safe and caring environment. PADS is about the journey from dependency to self-sufficiency; a journey that begins with an extended hand, an affirming voice, and a trusting soul that will advocate for and respect each individual. As volunteers, we will assist staff in providing dinner and support activities. PLEASE CONSIDER SERVING! Family and friends are welcome to serve too! Please see sign-up info in coffee table.
5. Heartland relies on the free GroupMe mobile group messaging app to keep our church more connected during the week! This PUBLIC group is a wonderful way for us to stay connected to each other regularly during the week. (See link below to be added to this group.)