I. God’s Agape love.
● Agape looks like this:
- By this the love of God was manifested in us that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (payment that satisfies a debt) for our sins. John 4:9-10
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us…For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. Romans 5:8 & 10
● Agape compared to common love.
- In the notion of common love, the emotion or feeling determines our actions.
- Agape love, at its core, is defined by choice leading to actions.
- Agape love is a force that changes whatever it touches for the good.
- Love never fails. I Corinthians 13:8
- But now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. I Corinthians 13:13