I John 2:18-27: Beware of False Teachers
I) We are living in the last hour.
A) John uses the term our last _________ to describe the time period between Christ’s 1st and 2nd coming.
1) John ________ about current and future antichrists.
2) Jesus uses the language of __________ to describe the inauguration of this new age.
3) God’s view of time is ____________ than ours (2 Peter 3:8).
B) Peter quotes the prophet Joel in Acts 2:17 and says Christ fulfilled this prophecy and we live in the final ___________.
C) Paul uses similar time language in Galatians 4:4.
II) False teachers will claim to be Christians in order to deceive believers
A) Antichrists (false teachers) are anyone who denies that _________ is the Christ.
1) Jesus was a __________ being who lived 2000 years ago.
2) The term “Christ” makes it clear that Jesus was the Jewish __________ who came to save the world.
B) John insinuates that a major antichrist may gain prominence in the ____________. (Man of lawlessness in 2 Thessalonians.)
C) John’s primary focus is to warn believers about the ___________ false teachers (antichrists).
III) The Holy Spirit is at work in believers' lives.
A) The “anointing of the Spirit” John refers to is God’s ___________ in the life of believers.
B) The Spirit teaches believers the ________ about Jesus and their sin.
C) The Holy Spirit __________________ faith throughout a believer’s life so that they can spend eternity with Jesus.