Home Group/Study Questions
These questions are provided for your further study and application of today’s sermon. Thoughtfully writing out the answers to these questions will help to drive home the truths we are learning.
1. Was there any passage of scripture or statement in the message today that was particularly meaningful or applicable to you?
2. How good are you at identifying temptations that come your way? Clearly everyone is tempted, and temptation is not a sin. Read James 1:12-15. How does temptation lead to sin?
3. Read Matthew 6:25-34. What practical obstacles do Christians encounter when striving to adhere to these teachings of Christ? Why is it so hard?
4. Read Romans 15:4-5. Describe some of the specific ways God has used scripture to give you endurance, encouragement, or hope when your desires are not immediately satisfied?
5. Read Philippians 4:4-9. What specific adjustments need to be made in your prayer life and the focus of your thoughts based on this passage?