GROWTH GROUP / PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
1. What do you know about Mary? Is there anything that is surprising to you about how the gospels present her?
2. What lessons can we draw from Mary's unwavering trust in God's word despite the extraordinary circumstances she faced?
3. How does this song from Mary reveal humility, faith and an understanding of God's plan? What surprises you about Mary's song?
4. What significance does this song hold in the context of God's concern for the "outsider" or "downcast?"
5. Mary's song celebrates God's reversal of societal norms and the exaltation of the humble. How does Mary's hymn challenge conventional ideas of power, wealth, and status?
6. What implications does this have for our understanding of God's values and our pursuit of justice and equality?