GROWTH GROUP / PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
1. In the time of Jesus, lepers were marginalized and societal outcasts. How does Jesus' willingness to heal them challenge societal norms and expectations? What are some marginalized groups in our culture? In what ways can we apply the compassion demonstrated by Jesus today?
2. In this passage, what role does faithful compliance/obedience play in the healing process? How might this interaction between Jesus and the lepers inform our understanding of the relationship between faithful compliance/obedience and healing in our lives today?
3. Why do you think it was important for the one healed leper to return and express his gratitude to Jesus? How does the act of expressing gratitude impact both the giver and the receiver?
4. How does Luke 17:11-19 challenge us to reflect on our own levels of gratitude in times of blessing and healing?
5. How might cultivating a spirit of thanksgiving contribute to a person's social life? Emotional well being? Worship life? In what ways can the practice of gratitude shape our attitudes about generosity?