GROWTH GROUP / PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
I. How does King David's response to the rebellion of his son, Absalom, in 2 Samuel 19 reflect the tensions between his roles as a father and a king? What can we learn about leadership and responsibility from this episode?
2. Do you think David regretted becoming King? Why or why not?
3. Do you think Israel regretted asking God for a King? Why or why not?
4. In what ways or in what areas of your life do you think human beings try to grab control from God? In what ways do you try and grab control from God?
5. Do you find it easy to surrender control of your life over to God? Why or why not?
6. What are some practical steps you can take to remind yourself that God is truly in control of your life and of the world?