GROWTH GROUP / PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
1. How does secular culture define love? In what ways is that dissimilar and/or similar to 1 Corinthians 13? How does the biblical perspective on love challenge or complement modern views?
2. Examine the different attributes of love described in 1 Corinthians 13 (patience, kindness, not being envious or boastful, etc.) and discuss how these qualities are expressed in your daily lives.
3. Why do you think Paul says that love "is the greatest of these?" Discuss why the chapter concludes that love is greater than faith and hope. Is this a hierarchy of virtues? How might it guide our priorities in life?
4. In what ways are you practically challenged to practice love in your relationships- family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and even strangers?
5. In what ways are we practically challenged to practice love as a church? (Consider reviewing the StoneBridge Mission Initiatives, 2024, together, and sharing the top 3 that are most attractive to each person in the group.)