Message Series: The Quest
Today's Message: What's in Your Wagon?
Goal: Achieve Financial Health That Honors God
1. What Does The Bible Say About Saving Money?
2. What Does The Bible Say About Investing Money?
- Start Now
- Adjust As You Go
- Be Very Careful Who You Listen To
- Don't Fall For Any Get Rich Quick Schemes
- Beware Of Bubbes
Personal Reflection & Growth Group Questions
1. How have you experienced God’s goodness over the past week? What are you thankful for today? What are you praising God for in your life?
2. What spoke to you from Sunday’s message? What was your main takeaway?
3. How would you rate yourself as a saver? As the old saying goes, does money “burn a hole in your pocket,” or do you “squirrel it away” for a rainy day? If you're not a good saver, can you identify the reason for your weakness? What is it that needs to change in your heart to help you improve in this area?
4. Have you started saving and investing yet, or have you been telling yourself that you're still young and have plenty of time? If you haven't started yet, consider your income and ask yourself how much you could set aside each week. Is there something you could do without and never miss? Is there a small lifestyle change you can make that would produce a huge benefit years down the road if you were to invest that money today?
5. How do you view your retirement years? Do you see them as a “promised land” of total freedom and self-indulgence, a time when you can quit all your obligations and only do what you want? Or do you see them as an opportunity to cut back on worldly obligations so you can do more for the Lord? How do you think God views your retirement years?
6. What is the best investment you have ever made? What is the worst investment you have ever made?
7. What one action step must you take regarding saving and investing that you must not put off?
8. What would it be if you were to pick one item or area where you need prayer? Share your one prayer need with your group. Pray for each other.