Message Series: The Quest
Today's Message: Yes, There's A Dragon
Our Goal: Achieve Financial Health That Honors God
4 Big Questions
1. Why Is This Dragon So Big?
2. Is The Debt Dragon Evil?
3. Could The Debt Dragon Help Me?
4. How Can I Subdue The Debt Dragon?
1. There is no such thing as a hopeless situation as long as God is on his throne
2. God is most likely to do what he can when we do what we can.
Personal Reflection & Growth Guide Questions
1. How have you seen God’s goodness in your life over the last week? What are you thankful for? What are you praising God for?
2. What spoke to you from Sunday’s message? What was one of your main takeaways?
3. If you are in debt, what are some of the “side effects” you have suffered regarding your health, happiness, or relationships? In what specific ways would your life change if you could get out of debt? What has prevented you from taking on the debt dragon before now?
4. To what degree are you influenced by the avalanche of advertisements that are designed to make you want to spend money? If you are greatly influenced, why do you think that is? What does it say about your current level of happiness if a 60-second commercial can shake it? What are some specific things you could do to increase your happiness that have nothing to do with money?
5. One of the big keys to paying down debt is to be laser-focused. To what extent is this a problem for you? Do you tend to run hot and cold? Are you typically on again/off again with your spiritual endeavors? If so, what typically derails you? What are some specific things you could do to ensure a steadier, more consistent commitment?
6. Which method of reducing your debt is best in your situation? Paying the higher interest rate loans first or the smallest debt? What is your debt-free day?
7. How can we, as a group and as friends, help each other tackle the debt dragon?
8. How can we pray for each other today? How can we support each other in prayer?